Abuelas Meat Balls
By Brandon C. and Nancy F. from South Middle School, Newburgh NY.
This is a traditional meatball dish that replaces bread with barley and milk to help create moisture. Also the pasta sauce is fortified with a modified romesco sauce.
Serving size: 3 oz
|From Saturated Fat||8.65%|
|Ingredient||6 servings||50 servings|
|Ground Beef 85/15||1 lb||10 lb|
|barley||1/2 cup||2 cup|
|milk 1%||2 0z||1/3 cup|
|onions, chopped||1/8 cup||1 cup|
|garlic, chopped||1/2 clove||5 cloves|
|peppers, red and green, roasted, canned #10||1/8 can||1/3 can|
|whole wheat bread||3 slices||10 slices|
|olive oil||1/8 cup||1/2 cup|
|Vinegar, cider||1 tbsp||1/4 cup|
|tomato sauce base, #10 can||1/4 can||1 1/2 cans|
|Garlic Roasted||1 clove||3 heads|
1) cook barley in water til tender.
2) Strain barley and let cool
3) Place in robot coup and chop just until the starches start to become creamy.
4) Add 1 cup of milk and let set fro 10 min (should have the consistency of porridge.)
5) Place all ingredients in a container and mix until completely incorporated.
6) portion into 1 oz balls and place on a parchment lined sheet pan.
8) Bake in the oven @ 350 degrees and once cooked place them into tomato sauce that has been fortified with romesco sauce.
1) Mix roasted garli, roasted peppers, wheat bread, Oil, Tomatoes, Vinegar and 1/2 gal of water in a blender and blend until smooth.