Stir Fried green rice, eggs and ham
By Ryan M. and Andrea R. from McDougle Elementary School, Chapel Hill, NC.
A hot main dish inspired by Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham book. Brown rice, spinach, eggs and ham create a great wholesome meal.
Serving size: 4 oz.
|From Saturated Fat||6.36%|
|Ingredient||6 servings||50 servings|
|Spinach, blanched, drained||5 oz.||2.5 LB|
|Egg, Whole, Raw, Fresh||5 oz.||5 Cups|
|Water, cold||1 Tbsp||1/2 Cups|
|Salt||1/4 Tsp||2 1/2 Tsp|
|Oil, Trans Fat free||1 Tbsp||1/2 C + 2 Tbsp|
|Ham, Hormel, Nitrate free||2 oz.||15 OZ|
|Rice, Brown, long-grain||3 Cups||25 Cups|
|Onions, spring or scallion||1/3 Cups||3 3/4 Cups|
|Oil, Sesame||1 Tsp||2 1/2 Tbsp|
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spinach, quikly drain, place in an ice bath and drain again, squeezing out all excess water from the spinach. Chop spinach very finely and set aside.
2) Whisk together eggs, water and salt unitl combined well. Spray hotel pan or saute pan with pam and cook half of the egg mixture in steamer or stove top and set aside to cool.
3) Heat a wok or tilt skillet on a medium heat until hot. Add vegetable oil and ham. Cook for about 2minutes until ham begins to color.
4) Add rice and toss to coat with oil. Reduce heat and cook, covered and stirring frequently, unitl rice is hot. Add remaining egg mixture to the rice and stir frequently.
5) Add chopped spinach, chopped and cooked egg and sesame oil and cook unitl 141 degrees or warmer.